Looking for information on Dutch ancestors, cities of birth or towns visited during the Second World War, people of all ages and professions e-mail us. And rightly so - we keep 20 kilometers of archives and collections on the history of the province of Overijssel and the city of Zwolle.
We intend to offer a summary of our website in English, starting with our search facilities. Please e-mail all your other questions or remarks - we will be glad to answer your e-mail.
- Archives and collections overview
- Attorney, prosecutor and consultants 1578-1810
- Birth certificates Zwolle and Zwollerkerspel
- Census records (several towns) 1748
- Certificates on adaptation of names
- Chambers of Commerce records Enschede, Kampen, Deventer 1921-1990
- Death certificates
- Emigration records
- Farm protocols
- Image library
- Library catalogue
- Marriage certificates
- Photographic collection 'Machine Factory Stork Hengelo'
- Each online database has its own search page
- The databases cover records from all over Overijssel, unless mentioned otherwise
- The death certificates' search page is temporary: the data are limited and are being refined in 2007/2008
- The death and marriage certificates search pages are also temporary, until all will be available in Wiewaswie, a national website on familyhistory.
- Quick search: in the top left of each webpage a search field is offered. This facility offers results from PDF-documents and webpages, not from the databases.
- At www.archiefalmelo.nl records ánd scans of the original records are offered
Once you have found a specific record, you can order online or tell us by e-mail to send you a copy of the original record.
Records from these databases can be ordered online:
- image library
- birth certificates Zwolle and Zwollekerspel
- marriage certificates (both at our site and at Wiewaswie)
- additional documents to marriage certificates
- death certificates (both at our site and at Wiewaswie)
How to order
- First start a search in one of the database
- At the results page follow the link to
- 'bestellen' (=to order) or
- 'bestelling' (=your order)
- 'akte' (=record) or
- 'bestel' (=order)
- Fill out the form with your:
- postal code
- name of town
- e-mail adress
- phone number
- in case of additional marriage documents mention the file numbers of the record
- Pay for the copy
In all the other databases you will find for each record a name, year, town and file number. Please e-mail us this information
Public and non-public acces of archives
World War II